Luxury expedition cruising is one of the fastest-growing trends in cruising - but who really sails on these voyages? And more importantly, are they right for you? Maybe it's time to dispel some myths about expedition cruising - one of the fastest-growing cruise styles today, with new ships launching every year.
I sat down with Seabourn's Jen Martin, who leads the team creating the ultra-luxury cruise line's expedition cruise experiences. They understand who's taking expedition cruises and what appeals.
WATCH VIDEO ABOVE
Lynn and Jen discuss who is the perfect luxury expedition cruise traveler. We clear up any misunderstandings about who is taking luxury expedition cruises: their age, abilities, and interests – and it might help you figure out whether YOU belong on a small-ship, luxury expedition cruise.
WHO is expedition cruising? That’s one of the most common questions cruise travelers and non-cruise travelers ask about this growing cruise travel trend. So Jen and I discuss:
- Are expedition cruises only for young travelers? Or maybe only for older cruisers?
- Do you have to be super-fit?
- How about solo travelers?
- Who are the guests who get the most from a luxury expedition cruise?
- Are they best for people who are ok ‘roughing it’ a bit?
- How about dedicated luxury cruise travelers?
- Can I take an expedition cruise if I worry about seasickness on a small ship?
- What about the cruising experience? Are they best for seasoned cruise travelers?
- How about people who have never taken a cruise at all? Are expedition cruises a good way to ‘dip your toe in the water,’ so to speak?
We answer all your questions about whether a luxury expedition cruise is right for you – or maybe if it’s right for some people who you’d like to convince to take a cruise with you!
If you’ve been wondering if you’d feel at home among the 250 guests on a Seabourn expedition cruise anywhere in the world, this video may help you decide if you’re a match for luxury expedition cruising.
Start Your Expedition Cruise!
Video and text: Lynn Elmhirst, cruise/ travel journalist and expert
Top image courtesy of Seabourn
- Ports of Call You Can't Miss in the Eastern Mediterranean’s Newest Cruise Hub
- Can’t-Miss Events this Fall that Celebrate Celestial Wonders
- Tips for Visiting a Japanese Hot Spring
- The First Caribbean Resort to Get an Ocean Pool
- Crystal’s River and Ocean Ships are Sailing Again, and Here’s Where You Can Find Them
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- Why This Mexican Mountain Town Keeps Getting Voted 'Best Small City In The World'
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel