There's a new cruise ship on the block - and she's a stunner!
Celebrity Cruises has debuted its second, Edge-class ship. The Celebrity Apex is sister ship to the celebrated Celebrity Edge.
The pandemic delayed the Celebrity Apex launch from its originally-scheduled debut in March 2020, but that made her christening ceremony in Fort Lauderdale in November, 2021 maybe even more celebratory.
Lynn Elmhirst and Best Trip TV were on hand for that magical moment when a massive bottle of champagne smashed against the side of the Apex in the traditional naming ceremony.
Watch the video above to join in that cruise ship christening magic. And also get a tour of the brand-new ship.
The Celebrity Apex takes all the favorite elements and contemporary design features of the Celebrity Edge - like the Magic Carpet, the only cantilevered venue at sea, new, over-scaled design elements that provide 'wow' moments everywhere you turn, as well as the perfect backdrops for photos to post to social media, new dining options, and an enhanced, multi-floor Retreat, the ship-within-a-ship concept that provides Retreat guests with exclusive suites, lounge, dining, and pool deck.
Adding to this, the second-in-class ship amplifies the Edge Series with brand new offerings, such as a new bar called Craft Social, featuring casual pub cuisine and some of the world's rarest craft beers; a reimagined Eden experience with a new dinner menu and an entirely refreshed programming dubbed Wonder at Eden; the brand's most technologically advanced theatre yet, with a new 110-foot curved 4K LED screen; new spa and wellness offerings; and a refreshed retail experience, like the first-ever Montblanc; just to name a few.
You won't want to wait to see this newest ship cruising the Caribbean this winter for yourself!
Following a short run of Greek Island sailings in the summer of 2021 and its trans-Atlantic crossing to Fort Lauderdale, the Celebrity Apex now embarks from U.S shores on rotating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, where guests will visit the picturesque islands of Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Belize, Grand Caymans and more.
- The Good Travel News We All Need at the End of 2021: Elephants Return to Conservation Area and Eco-lodge in Cambodia
- Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter Films in these British Locations
- 7 Top Caribbean Destinations to Ring in the New Year
- Enjoy a Rum-Soaked Taste of Antigua This Holiday Season
- Celebrate the Festive Season - or Make a Gift of the Holidays at Four Seasons Across North America
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- Milan's Shuttered Duomo will Ring with the Voice of an 'Angel' as Bocelli Performs Easter Concert
- This Cruise Line Kicked Guests off a Cruise. Here's Why it's Good News for You and Cruise Travel
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel