It’s one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World. A UNESCO World Heritage Site. And the world’s largest waterfall. Africa’s Victoria Falls on the Zambezi river on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe is part of the legend and mystique of a trip to southern Africa – a must-see site that awes every visitor, with columns of its spray visible across the landscape for miles.
Now, there’s an even more life-changing way to experience this legendary falls – if you have a head for heights!
The Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara, located right on the banks of the Zambezi River, doesn’t just provide an ideal launching pad for exploration of Victoria Falls nearby.
As part of the hotel’s African Adventure Experience, guests can enjoy mesmerising views of the world’s largest waterfall from aboard a private microlight aircraft gliding over the Zambezi River. Microlights are completely open to the elements, which also allows for uninterrupted aerial views of the falls, nicknamed the “smoke that thunders”.
The microlight (pictured, top) is expertly piloted on a course over the bends of the Zambezi River, weaving between rainbows and spray, and your pilot also points out wildlife along the Zambezi riverbanks before turning several circuits over the Victoria Falls itself. The microlight can fly lower than other aircraft, so you’ll feel the true power and majesty of this wonder of the natural world and symbol of southern Africa.
In addition to the unforgettable views of the Zambezi River and Victoria Falls from the air, adventure-loving guests of the Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara have other unique ways to experience the rapids up close.
Zambezi is widely considered to be one of the best white water rafting rivers in the world. Aptly named rapids, including “Stairway to Heaven”, “The Terminator” and “Oblivion” chart a challenging course as you navigate your way through the vast gorges.
If that’s still a bit too adrenaline-powered for your taste, you can also opt for a gentle private river safari cruise where you dine on board while taking in spectacular views and keep your binoculars close at hands to spot hippos, crocodiles and other wildlife in the Zambezi River’s surrounding nature reserves.
Back at the hotel, you can cement memories of your African odyssey with a private barbecue or Monkey Tree dinner.
Nature lovers, thrill seekers, and intrepid explorers alike staying at the Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel will all find personal ways to discover Victoria Falls and its natural wonders.
Start Your Africa Trip!
Images courtesy of Anantara
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- First Ritz-Carlton Property in Italy Coming to Lake Como
- Top Food & Drink Trends Coming Soon to Your Next Cruise
- The 7 Most Beautiful Beaches in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- Social Media Safety Tips for Spring Break and Beyond
- American Cruise Lines Marks a Half-Century in Service; Charting New U.S. River and Coastal Waters in 2023
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- Why This Mexican Mountain Town Keeps Getting Voted 'Best Small City In The World'
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel