If a picture speaks a thousand words, then a video is running commentary. That's why we wanted to share with you exactly what the health protocols on board an Avalon Waterways river cruise in France are in the Fall of 2021.
We know some people have already begun traveling again - but others are still hesitant. Maybe you wonder if new health protocols take away from your river cruise experience. Or you wonder if it's safe enough.
Lynn Elmhirst of BestTrip TV decided to find an answer to that question. She sailed in October, 2021, on an Avalon Waterways river cruise through the south of France to see exactly what protocols were in place, and how it felt to be onboard.
From boarding, to dining and enrichment experiences on the ship, to shore excursions or wandering around lovely Provencal towns on her own, Lynn reports - and shows on video - what it's like to be on a European river cruise in the fall of 2021.
The great news: she loved it!
Not only did Lynn feel safe at every moment, she enjoyed every moment of her Avalon Waterways river cruise. In fact, the health protocols, and the care and thoughtfulness of the protocols - including complementary mask washing and complementary pre-departure COVID tests to help guests make the journey home - made her even more impressed with her cruise!
Still wondering what it's really like? Well, seeing is believing. So watch this video to see exactly what life on board the Avalon Poetry II in October, 2021 is like.
If it makes you long to be on a European river cruise, too, there's more good news!
There's still time to get back to Europe, to get back to river cruising, this year. In fact, some of the most special river cruises are still coming up: Christmas market river cruises help you capture the holiday spirit, and give you your long-awaited dose of European culture and lifestyle - as well as the pleasures of sailing on some of Europe's most scenic rivers in your own 'floating hotel' river cruise ship.
Your trusted travel advisor can help you find the perfect European river cruise - and all the details of the new health protocols so you'll feel fully informed and confident you'll enjoy your next river cruise.
- First Ritz-Carlton Property in Italy Coming to Lake Como
- Top Food & Drink Trends Coming Soon to Your Next Cruise
- The 7 Most Beautiful Beaches in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- Social Media Safety Tips for Spring Break and Beyond
- American Cruise Lines Marks a Half-Century in Service; Charting New U.S. River and Coastal Waters in 2023
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- Why This Mexican Mountain Town Keeps Getting Voted 'Best Small City In The World'
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel