There are over 100 Ritz-Carlton ultra-luxury hotels in 35 countries - but amazingly, none in Italy, one of luxury travel's top destinations. That's about to change. This elegant hotel brand is set to debut in one of Italy's most elegant locations.
Ritz-Carlton is re-imagining and restoration of one of Italy's most acclaimed destinations for luxury travelers: the former Hotel Grande Bretagne in Bellagio. Expected to open in 2026, the spectacular waterfront property features breathtaking views of Lake Como.
Lake Como is the jewel in the crown of the Italian Lake district, and a magnet for the global elite. The destination is an internationally recognized resort destination famed for its dramatic backdrops and charming towns and magnificent villas, which have acted as the setting for several blockbuster films including Casino Royale and Oceans Twelve.
Situated just outside the charming village of Bellagio, which sits on a promontory of land between the two arms of Lake Como, the historic Belle Époque Hotel Grande Bretagne was one of the destination's very first and most distinguished luxury hotels when it opened in 1850. The property fell into disuse at the end of the last century and has since been acquired by an Italian family with a vision and passion to restore the prestige and gracious hospitality of the former grand hotel.
In its transformation to a Ritz-Carlton property, the hotel is undergoing an extensive restoration and expansion project.
Spread over a 4 acre estate, the restoration project is the most significant hospitality development project in the Lake Como area in recent years and will involve a complete conservation and re-imagining of the property with respect for its historical significance.
When it opens, the restored luxury hotel is slated to offer 59 guestrooms and 46 suites, including two Ritz-Carlton suites. Plans include comprehensive resort facilities, including a destination spa complete with an indoor pool, casual and fine dining restaurants, and state-of-the-art meeting and event facilities.
Extensive parkland and gardens will reflect the typical landscaping of the country's Lombardy region and are expected to feature a meditation garden, historical walking trail, large outdoor swimming pool, and private boat dock to allow guests effortless access to other renowned destinations on the lake.
When it opens in just a few short years, the Ritz-Carlton, Bellagio will be strategically located within a fifteen-minute walk of the main tourist attractions in Bellagio such as Punta Spartivento, Villa Melzi and the gardens of Parco Villa Serbelloni. The destination is an hour and a half journey by car from Milan's Malpensa International Airport.
Start Your Luxury Italy Trip!
Image courtesy of Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Top Food & Drink Trends Coming Soon to Your Next Cruise
- The 7 Most Beautiful Beaches in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- Social Media Safety Tips for Spring Break and Beyond
- American Cruise Lines Marks a Half-Century in Service; Charting New U.S. River and Coastal Waters in 2023
- Why You Should Book a Trip to Egypt During the Centenary of the Discovery of King Tut's Tomb
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- Why This Mexican Mountain Town Keeps Getting Voted 'Best Small City In The World'
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel